thoughts after posting this picture and looking at it for a while longer:
- sunlight on other side of door.
- how many ppl create things that they then take out in the sun and water and ride?
- terry, who used to have this garage and kept it filled with landscaping equipment, and:
- how he let me sleep in there a few nights when i was kind of homeless in SF and:
- how there was this other homeless dude, Willy, who slept in there sometimes too until:
- he moved to Golden Gate Park, in a thick stand of eucalyptus and how:
- we worked together once landscaping, and i told him how i’d been born here in SF and he said:
- he hadn’t, but he planned to die here and that:
- he’d be ‘perfectly happy as a San Francisco ghost.’
One man’s struggle to transcend.
This humble film is about a friend of mine named Michael and his daily ritual to find his natural self through surfing.
Directed by Sean Mullens
Cinematography by Sean Mullens
Music by The Album Leaf – Into the Blue Again – Broken Arrow
Sub Pop Records 2006